Monday, September 23, 2013

Wedding Weekend Rewind

Our weekend was great!! The wedding was beautiful, probably one of the best we have been to and it was awesome celebrating two people we love!

Friday morning we drove up 5 and 1/2 hours north to North Bay. Traffic was crazy the roads were literally closing with accidents and we had just enough time to get off before getting caught in swarms of traffic for hours. The drive once we got far enough North, away from the big cities was breath taking with colors, and just truly beautiful! We made it there, visited for a while, before heading to the location which was in Mattawa, about 30-45 minutes further north. The location was just as breath taking as the drive up. It was being held at the Canadian Ecology Centre, in case anyone has been in the area. Amazing. We decorated the hall, rehearsed, had dinner, said goodbye to the boys who were staying in the cabins there that night, and us girls headed back to Carrie's in the rain. We had a typical girls night, C tried on her dresses to see when she should wear which one. It was great.

Saturday, we squished a few issues with the decorations via texting the boys, and what not, and headed to the hair salon to get ready. We all had our hair and make up done, picked up the flowers, grabbed lunch and headed back to Mattawa to get ready in our cabin.

The rain was just coming down and we were losing hope of it actually stopping for the ceremony which was outdoors. We did pictures inside, with a few outside before the ceremony. M called and said he was going forward with doing the ceremony outside, so they mopped the chairs off as people were arriving, as the rain was just beginning to hold off.

We drove down to the ceremony site which was right on the river, absolutely beautiful! Just as I was starting to walk down the isle the rain started to drop again, but stopped just as C was coming down the isle. I give M some great photo credits! He took most of the pics all weekend!!

 
Needless to say the rain held off in time for the ceremony and pictures after. It was perfect.
 
How cute are these two?
 
 
Us and the brand new couple!!!
 


 
After the ceremony and pictures, we got C changed into the reception dress, hard to believe this girl got 2 dresses, one of which was made for $400!!! Waaay under budget and she looked gorgeous in both!!
 
The rest of the night was great, a lot of fun, great food, a lot of dancing. We had a great time. The only hitch for myself was I stubbed the crap out of my big toe on the E-brake in the flex. I was a bleeding mess (luckily M was able to clean it up for me) and it was sore for the rest of the night, just throbbing, but I wasn't going to let that hold me back from having a good night! M and I called it a night around 1:30 ish and headed back to our cabin. I was beat! 
 
 
Sunday morning we went for breakfast with everyone and headed home from there. We were home around 4:30. Our drive was actually pretty easy. 

When we got home, we cleaned my toe properly, which did not feel the best, got into our comfy clothes, made a quick dinner and relaxed all night long. The dogs came home around 5:30 from the lake with Grandma and Grandpa. Sounds like they had a good weekend too!

Today I am going to try to stay off my feet, as my ankles are retaining some fluid, which I am not surprised by, with how busy my weekend was. Dinner is in the crock pot and I have some photos to edit.

7 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

What an awesome weekend...you looked beautiful!! :)

Leigh said...

Looks like a great wedding!

J and A said...

Sounds like an awesome wedding! Love her dresses and yours!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Gorgeous couples! I love the bride's dresses and your dress worked out perfectly!

Your poor toe! I hope it's ok.

Rebekah said...

Such a beautiful wedding and you look great! Get lots of rest, it's not easy being in a wedding while pregnant! My feet were swollen for days when I was in my sister's!

Jessica and Stephan said...

Ahhhhhh, North Bay is my home!! How I miss it! It is gorgeous up there, with all the lakes and trees :) and Fall is the BEST time to go! I might be slightly jealous of you...just slightly! ;) :P

Mattawa is east of North Bay though, not north, its right on the border of Quebec. And a cute little town :)

I'm glad you had a great time at the wedding, and your dress looked gorgeous! I love the colour!

Jessica and Stephan said...

I mean east, not west! LMAO, I'm very directionally challenged!
Anyways, glad you had a great weekend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...