Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Baseball Weekend Rewind

How was this weekend the middle of August already?? Where has summer gone?? I still have things on our list to do with the kids, but we are running out of weekends!  

Friday morning we went to the splash pad with friends and had an impromptu lunch date too!! The kids had a blast needless to say!


 
 Friday night I had a friend come over to use my cricut while M had ball. Turns out he was bringing the ball team back to our pace afterwards!! Good thing we cleaned the garage out last weekend. 

 I ended up forgetting to put on my lavender oil before bed and woke up with swollen itchy eyes. They felt horrible. Crazy how quickly a reaction can come when I forget my oil!! 
 Saturday morning we went for a family bike ride to the park and played for a bit before heading back home.       
 
 
 We worked in the yard a bit before lunch. M had a ball tournament and his first game was during naptime. So I stayed home and worked on laundry! We were planning on attending the next game, but his first game ran soo late, my eyes were really bugging me, so we ended up staying home and making a quick dinner. Noah was not too impressed. When M got home he took the kids swimming. Em is in love with jumping off the stairs, so we have been moving them to the middle of the pool for safety!        
 After we got the kids in bed, we had a little impromptu date night, enjoying some take out from the pub. We wanted to watch a movie, but my eyes were just soo sore. I ended up going to bed early.  
Sunday morning we had a pancake breakfast, worked on some chores before heading to M's ball game.


We packed a little picnic and had lunch ther. The kids did pretty good! Noah actually watched the game - I was shocked! Em started to lose it just as they finished playing.  
 We were home just in time for naptime, which I spent in the pool floating around instead of doing jobs on the to-do list!! 

 Our supper was a bust... but we were able to scrounge up enough food for dinner. Em was super cranky. It just wasn't good.  So we went for a bike ride before bed!   


 
After we got the kids down, I got brave and decided to take Maggie for a bike ride... she loves to run and does great roller blading with M. So we tested it down at the park on the walking path and she did pretty good, so I thought we would try the road... and well we ended up cancelling that plan, we are not ready for that! 

Monday morning I decided to get crafty with the kids and we did some water colour painting! I used my cricut to print out their name in vinyl and peeled it off after they finished.    


We had some friends over for a swim and play date before lunch. I failed at taking pictures!! I was happybthe eclipse was happening while the kids were napping so I didn't have to worry about them looking at the sun, especially since I kept going outside to check it out... but safety first... 
 
 Around 4 I took the kids to the farm so M and I could get started on the dining room floors!! We were soo surprised on how far we made it!! M's parents brought the kids home for bath and bedtime!
Yesterday was Grandma-date day for Noah and Mommy/Emilya day. Unfortunately Em had to get a vaccine in the morning, but she did pretty good with it. I managed to get a work out in since she had a monster nap and then before I knew it was 4:30 and time to take her to the farm again so M and I could finish the floors.  
 We finished the floors, but still have to put the trim up. Turns out we have to stain the dining room table next because it doesn't match the floors!! I'm actually looking forward to the change, despite it being a lot of work.  
 A few more sleeps until I see Luke Bryan!!   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...