Thursday, August 17, 2017

It's Been A Week

Wow, it has literally been a week since I have been able to get a post up over here. I mean I have been working on one, but I haven't found enough courage to click publish, as it is a bit deeper than I typically go! It's coming though.    
 Our weekend was actually low key. I didn't make an extravagant to-do list, we just enjoyed some family time.          
(Yes he has a black eye... couch surfing and window sills - shall I say more??)
 
 It was M's birthday and he had been talking about wanting a bike for some time, so I thought perfect, we are going bike shopping! Little did I know when he said he wanted a bike that what he really meant was that he wanted us to get new bikes!          
 
 Noah's bike was getting small for him and we were planning on getting him a new one for Christmas, but we wanted to be able to enjoy longer bike rides and for him to be comfortable. The bike we got is a smidge big for him, but it will work for him longer! Funny enough before we left he told grandma he was going to buy a green bike... sure enough the kid got a green bike. He was on cloud 9 all day!! 
Miss Em may not have gotten a bike, but she was pleased as punch with her new helmet and bike seat!!! 
He couldn't be prouder!! Most our day was spent on our bikes!! 
 It wouldn't be a Birthday without a traditional birthday photo!!
A look back:

We went to visit Grandma and Grandpa at the flying club in the morning. Noah loved watching the airplanes.

Sunday we tackled making room in the garage for the bikes, maybe just maybe I'll be able to park in there this winter!! Granted all the flooring is in there right now! 
 
Didn't he just fit in this car yesterday??

We also spent the afternoon in the pool and playing in the yard. This girl LOVES "blowing" bubbles! 

"Mom, you should take our picture" - okay!! 
 But I really love capturing moments like these... 
They may not fit together,  but gosh it's cute!! 
We finished the weekend off with another bike ride, something tells me this is going to be happening a lot and I am okay with it!!  
 

1 comment:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love the car photo of the kids! Too cute :)
Chloe has been using Avery's old "bike" and I can barely watch - she is too reckless lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...