Friday, September 22, 2017

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

 
It's hot and it's sunny out and we are taking full advantage of this weather while we can. We had one chilly week this month and I was sure it was here to stay, but it turned around and it's gorgeous!!   
Luckily we are still swimming with thanks to the pool heater. We have been keeping it around 87-90 degrees, running it only overnight utilizing the solar cover to help seal in the heat. Em is a jumping in machine and Noah is pretty much swimming without a swimming aid of any kind, we do have him wear his puddle jumper if we have friends over because it gets too chaotic with too many kids. But overall we are really impressed with how well Noah is doing.        
 
 He is enrolled in swimming lessons again right now on Tuesday mornings, while it's only been a week, he is loving it. That is all we have him enrolled in this fall. Unfortunately I couldn't get Emilya in to a swimming class, but chances are she wouldn't be a fan of it because she wants to swim on her own now with her puddle jumper and does not like being held -  she's Miss Independent.       
 We are in the process of coming up with some fall plans including going to my Dads for a weekend with kids, we have family photos booked, some fun day trip ideas, and just like the rest of this year, I have a feeling this fall will zoom on by!! I'm still wondering where summer went!!         

 
The good news is Maggie seems to be all healed up, just in time to chase leaves as they fall off the trees. I don't know if I mentioned it on here, or just on Instagram (that's where my daily posts went haha) but she had a front leg injury, that ended up needing anti-inflammatories and what turned out to be 1 week of strict rest and 2 more weeks of restricted activities. We are finally able to let the dogs outside to play together and get back to walking now at night. I'm not a fan with how early it is dark now and that's only going to get worse, so I got Maggie a light up dog collar so I can at least see her.        
 Here is to hoping we can fit in some more fall bonfires and swimming!!     

 Happy first day of fall friends!! 

2 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Send heat west!! haha
We are in swimming right now too and that is all. Avery does a different discipline in preschool every week for dance, tumbling etc so it is nice that she still gets that without another class! I can only do so much!
Fall always goes by too fast!

Hilary said...

We're waiting on the fall weather here too! I asked B what he wanted to do today and his answer was "go to the pool!" At 900 weeks pregnant, I'm hoping I can sit in the shade and watch. Fingers crossed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...