Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You Get Through It

Have you ever wondered what the heck you are gunna do when it seems like your world around you is crashing down and nothing is going right? Well that is just exactly what this post is about, because I have finally figured out the answer.

Pinned Image

Watching my sister struggle with a difficult pregnancy, being separated from her family in a sterile environment, and then giving birth to a baby at 31 weeks instead of 40 - NOT EASY. As you can imagine, yet it happened. Life was lived from moment to moment, not day by day or month by month. She got through it. Yes, with the help of those around her, family, friends, some amazing hospital staff and some amazing peers that she met up there, but she got through it because that is what you are supposed to do. If you were to ask my sister how she got through any of this, she would probably mention those people above, but the rest would be a blur.

Watching the people around me struggle and struggling myself is far from easy, but you know that no matter what happens in the end, and I have seen the worst case scenario happen, you know that you will all get through it. You need to pick each other up, heck, sometimes you need to carry and push one another through, but at the end you get through it.

Pinned Image

I would be lost without my family and friends. Soo many things happen in life that are not planned, in fact you would have never imagined them being a possibility in your life, but they happen and even if you are still struggling, just know that no matter what happens, or how long it may take you to get to the end of it, you will get through it. You may change along the way, but not without the help of those around you.

Pinned Image

I often say that I couldn't imagine going through what someone else's struggle might be, or a friend or family's struggle, but then I think back, I did. I did go through it and maybe I didn't hurt as bad, but I got through it and I helped them through it. I was strong when my friends and family needed me to be. But when you are dealing with something of your own, how easy is it to be weak?

So if you see one of your friends or family members struggling, don't avoid them, don't treat them like they are crazy, help them. They just need to get through it and they are not thinking about getting through it, it just happens. It is just life happening right in front of your eyes, when you have absolutely no control aside from how you want to feel, but even that can't change how you really feel!

Pinned Image

You go through life thinking you have control over everything, but you don't, you can only control your choices on how to handle it. Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, a storm is bound to brew at some point. There will always be different ways to get through it, some easy, some difficult, but the whole point behind this post is that YOU GET THOUGH IT!

3 comments:

J and A said...

GREAT post. You nailed it. Thank you for this reminder. xo

Anonymous said...

So very very true. Life wouldn't be so grand if we didn't have those down times to compare it to. :)

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Beautifully written.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...