Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday's Thoughts

Our family is down with another cold... Well so far it's Noah and M, but my throat was semi-scratchy this morning, so I'm sure we will all end up with it. Pretty positive this one is from Grandma and Grandpa!


So Noah had a rough night, but on the positive note, he slept in until just after 7 today! I was happy I went to bed early last night!! 

I've really gotta get M going on the fix again, because guess who sucks on their own?? ME!!! I mean I'm part of the challenge group, but I missed a work out yesterday and although I felt guilty, I know that for the first week, getting into a routine is the most important! My ultimate goal is to get in 5/7 work outs in a week to start! So I really just need to make that happen. I also need to get better at the clean eating and portions again! So if M would just do this with me, it would just be easier. I'm not using him as my excuse, but I just know how smoothly it was before, granted now we have 2 kids and our time management sucks... I need a routine!


I'm loving my new area rug!! We wanted a bigger rug with Em scooting around, but I didn't want to
bring the dark one in. This one is just the perfect pop of color, yet subtle enough to work in our space. It's really hit the redecorating bug in me. My mind is all like - feature wall in the foyer, new coat rack in the foyer, gallery wall in the great room, paint for the mudroom in addition to the new closet, dining room storage area, get the walls decorated in the basement, Noah's room, and Emilya's room. It never stops right?? And we can't forget Christmas, granted I'm not a huge seasonal decorator, but I do enjoy the Christmas tree being up. 


Mike and I also need to get Em back on the self-soothing train. We are creating another monster. She sleeps, thank the Lord she sleeps, no complaints there, but getting her to sleep involves bouncing her, just like her brother and guess what? I don't have time to bounce her like I did with him. Because while I am attempting to get her down, Noah is downstairs on his own, usually the TV is babysitting, which I don't love! He's pretty good for the most part, the worst he has done is given Gracie a whole
bunch of treats, but luckily she's trained enough to not eat everything the toddler gives her.


I will say Noah is OBSESSED with Paw Patrol all of sudden and when I saw obsessed.. I mean obsessed!! He even knows all their names!! Also, I tried watching The Good Dinosaur with Noah, and well we made it about 15 minutes in and all he was asking was where did the Daddy dinosaur go? Well I am not about explain death to my 2 year old at this point in his life. So we tried s bit longer and eventually Paw Patrol was back on... 

Let's talk puppies for a minute... Yup we are going there, the time is coming and it leaves this mama anxious, not anxious about another responsibility, but sadly, it just reminds me that Lily is gone and she is NOT replaceable. I can't fill that void with another dog, because they won't be HER. We've lost dogs before, but with Lily it was different, I don't know if it was the special bond I shared with her, or the fact that I had her since she was a puppy, or that she died in my arms here at home suddenly. But the puppy talk has started. It started at Gracie's last vet appointment when the vet suggested maybe it was time, because Gracie is still depressed. It has been on the back burner for months because we had a newborn and well puppies and newborns at the same time is crazy. Puppies and toddlers and babies is crazy too, but a crazy I can get through. But first I need to find a new space in my heart to accept another dog, it doesn't sound all that complicated I know. Something about puppy breath, popcorn feet, puppy snuggles and play, it's pretty easy. But I need to drop the expectations for them to be just like Lily. So that is what I am going to work on over the next few months, I'm going to work on getting my head in the game and leaving the past in the past. Let memories be memories and bonds be bonds, but individual bonds. It's going to be an exciting time in our lives after all. 

 

Is this enough random thoughts for today?? I think it's all I can take the time to spill, because Miss Em is awake!! 


2 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Urgh I hate cold season! Chloe had a runny nose for a week but besides that she was fine and it was clear so I thought it might be teeth but nothing yet! I use the Sage Immunity roller and swear by it so ward off colds!
Glad you love the rug, I do too!
I know it is hard to get them to self soothe but so worth it once you do, a few painful nights make up for it!

Murdock's mama said...

We've been chatting about a new pup, too. I would love to surprise the kids with a puppy on Christmas morning, but I'm not sure if I can pull that off...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...