Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ugh... It's Vet Day Today....

Today, I have to take the dogs to the vet. I have avoided going to the vet myself ever since this day when I had to leave Lily there! My heart literally broke and continued to break as her health issues unfolded. It doesn't help that the last time I went I had to take Binx and leave her too!

The fact that we almost lost her, and I remained strong and fought back those thoughts, makes me think I just knew it wasn't time. But the fact that we almost Lily still scares the crap out of me! We have our very own little miracle on our hands!

Crazy that it has just about been a year (2 days short) since she was soo sick. But on the flip side, it's almost been a year and she has completely turned her health around! She fought soo hard just to be with us! Dog's don't usually survive liver failure!

But she is here today, she gained her weight back, but she is happy and has energy, is eating, she has finished the hard medications and is pretty much on maintenance now! So here is to hoping she is healthy!!

So I am putting on my strong face and heading to the vets with both Gracie and Lily again today, and I plan to leave with both of the them as well!!





7 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I feel your pain sister...good luck! I'll be thinking of you today!

Leigh said...

Hope everything goes well at the vet

J and A said...

Good luck!!!! Yuck we hate the vet too!!! Hope all goes well!!

Nikki said...

Good luck! We hate the vet as well!

Aubrey said...

Cute pup!! Good luck!

Kae said...

Good luck lady! I hate going to the vet...eekk!

Kristin said...

thinking of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...