Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Easy Peasy Wreath Tutorial

I've been wanting to make one of those cute burlap wreaths for quite some time. If you follow me on Pinterest, you would see various wreath tutorials like this:
Easy to follow tutorial for a burlap wreath - this is happening soon with chevron burlap!

And yes, I realize they say they are "easy" as well, but guess what, I couldn't get it to work! I later realized that the wreath wire I was using was actually only 3 rings, not 4, which could have been the problem.

I was getting soo very frustrated. I had 2 rolls of cute chevron burlap waiting for me to use. So when in doubt, just wrap the burlap around the wreath until the burlap roll ends:




Then I took a few pins and pinned it into place so it couldn't unravel. I decided to pin it so that I could reuse the burlap afterwards for another craft if I so choose when I am sick of this wreath!

This my friends was actually EASY!!!


I decided I needed to add an embellishment and Alison had given me this flower clip forever ago and I found a new perfect place for it!

So friends when I told you it was easy, and that you don't need to be crafty to make it, I wasn't kidding!!

Turns out I have a 4 ring wreath up in my craft room, so with the other roll, I might try one of those fancy complicated ones, or I might just make another one of these, but I will have to get crafty with the embellishment this time myself!

So there you have it ladies, get crafting!!!





2 comments:

Leigh said...

Looks great! I made one but the one where you cut the burlap into squares, fold and then pin. Took me a while to figure out the heck to fold them, but it turned out great!

Kae said...

love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...