Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Firsts

I've seen this floatin' around blog world and decided to participate. 

1. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning
I say good morning to Lux, who is usually right beside me and then I hit up the bathroom.

2. First thing you do you when you get home from work
Change into some comfy clothes, put General Hospital on while considering making dinner, if it is planned - if it is not then M makes dinner. I have no idea what to make for dinner unless we have a meal plan - sad I know.
3. First kiss
This might sound pathetic, but I really don't recall when it was - I was too young and it was "playing a game" in the school yard where the boys chase the girls to kiss them. But I do remember M and I's first kiss! It was after a Santa Claus parade, he dropped me off at home and kissed me, then quickly left afterwards. It may have been a bit awkward, but nonetheless a part of our story.
4. First home
My first home, as in the one I first owned would be the one M and I bought together when I was 20:
We knew we wanted to live in the village, not in the city, but we didn't want to buy something we couldn't afford for our first place and we did NOT want to rent! So we bought this gem! You can see the house tour by clicking The House (Old and New).

5. First car
1995 Dodge Stratus - leather seats and all.


6. First car accident / traffic violation
Knock on wood, but I have never been the driver during an accident, just the passenger, thank goodness! Although I have been in several collisions as the passenger unfortunately. But the first accident I was in was in a parking lot with a friend and a car backed up at a fast speed and hit us.

I think the second time would have been with M, when the horse hit us on the main street while crossing an intersection. That poor sunfire didn't even have a chance, but luckily we were okay.

My first speeding ticket was when I was on my way home from my sisters and I got busted by a new cop - I always get the new ones might I mention and I have never got out of a ticket yet! Each one has told me that they don't want to ticket me and would let me off, but their supervisor is in the car with them. I have only had two tickets - knock on wood once a gain.
7. First thing you wanted to be when you grew up
I wanted to be a vet initially because I loved animals (still do) until I realized that I would have to deal with injured pets and death of animals. Then I wanted to be a hair dresser.
8. First choice beverage
My go to drink would be Canada Dry gingerale, water or apple juice. Alcoholic would be vodka, or any cooler that is vodka based.
9.  First choice dessert
Brownies or cookies.
10. First choice restaurant
We don't exactly have a selection around here at all! I would say I like Swiss Chalet or East Side Mario's. In the states M and I loved TGI Friday's.
11. First song that comes to mind
Vogue by Madonna - because that is what is playing on the radio right now.
12. First major purchase
Well in the summer before high school, before the purchase of my car, would have been my Shih Tzu Snoopy. He was $500. I saved like crazy for him! My parents paid half.

13. First job
Does pet sitting count? If not then my first job would have been a cashier at Sobey's.
14. First time you flew on a plane
I flew to Florida to go to Disney as a child.
15. First real "big girl" job
Medical Assistant at my last employer - that we just don't talk about...
What were your firsts?

3 comments:

J and A said...

You first house is so so cute! :) So is snoopy!! Love reading this!

Katie said...

what a fun post! love that your first big purchase was a puppy!

Allison said...

OMG your first house is so quaint! I adore it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...