I feel like 29 was harder than 30, maybe because I was a pregnant emotional mess or maybe because I see 29 as one of the best years of my life!! Don't get me wrong, 30 is pretty damn special too - I'm officially a mom and that to me is the one thing I felt I was made on this earth to do, despite struggling with infertility for soo long. The one thing I had dreamt about as a little girl and honestly maybe I am still dreaming, because there isn't one little bit of it that I don't love! I get to play "house" everyday with the man of my dreams, the sweetest baby boy, my puppies and kitties - yet this is my real life, not imaginative play!
I did a little retail therapy at lululemon with some birthday cash, sipped on a Somersby, hung out with Noah, who actually napped a lot, J popped over with G for a visit, then we headed to ball and wings after. It was nice and low key! I actually celebrated my 30th with M and Noah when he surprised with me with trip out west as my birthday present! It was amazing!
Should we take a look at my 30 before 30 list??
**30 BEFORE 30**
I would like to have a baby.After battling 4 years of infertility, we had our miracle son Noah in February - 3 weeks early!! Soo blessed!
- I would like to have our loan paid off!! (In which case, we would be debt-free (aside from the mortgage) This will not be happening.Which is fine.
I would like a pool! -We got an above ground that actually used to be my parents!!
- I would like to travel to California. This won't be happening either, we decided we would want to go to California with a child instead!
I would like to drive out west! No further than Alberta. I would like to have new floors in my bedroom, great room and kitchen. I would like a new camera. I would like to do more photography on the side.
- I would like to rescue and rehome an animal or two. Unfortunately this didn't happen, however the opportunity did not come up, which is good all around.
I would like to be more kitchen inclined. I laugh at this now...Happy to say this is an accomplishment I am comfortable crossing off just in the nick of time! I would like to make a quilt.I made Noah his rag quilt! I would like my husband to have confidence in my cooking. I know I can't REALLY control this, but maybe the more I cook, the more confidence he will gain?Success!! I would like to buy new furniture for the basement.We bought a new sectional! I would like to learn how to use Photoshop!!
- I would like to have a baby... I know I have this twice, but maybe I will be lucky enough to have 2 by the time I am 30. I want my kids close together! This one won't be happening quite yet! Cut it a little close too the deadline haha. But hopefully Baby #2 isn't another 4 years in the making!
I would like to reno my bathroom.... new tub, new floors, maybe main floor laundry, double sinks, etc.We did this part just before Noah came and ended up finishing it after he was here, since he was 3 weeks early!! We also got main floor laundry a few years ago! I would like to take up reading... I am not a big fan of reading... I actually get quite bored of it, but I feel I would get a lot from it. I maybe read 1 book a year...MAYBE.. that might be stretching it... I would like to read at least 3 I will say. I don't want to overestimate myself!(3/3) Can't say I enjoy it any more than I used to!
- Take and go on 2 vacations a year!! One summer and one winter. This year I did not get a summer vacation and last year we renovated during it, so I have technically missed out on 2 summer vacations and I miss them!! We cannot stay home for them!! We just about completed this one, but we renovated one winter, I was newly pregnant last summer and we put the pool in instead, plus my Mom was sick. This past winter we were unable to travel due to my pregnancy. We did break the rules with a weekend getaway to the States!
I would like to throw a BIG party, like an open house style...This one is a tough one... I did throw M a party for his birthday last year, but the turnout wasn't quite what I had anticipated because of summer holidays! I did have my Dad's 60th too - which was advertised in the newspaper! So this one is being considered done because I tried! I would like to take a photography class.I did an online course!! I would like to have some type of routine, you know meal plans, financial plans, chore plans, week night plans, etc. It might make life easier, but right now our life is too hectic and busy!This one is pretty much completed, as long as I stick with it! I have slipped a few times, but we are doing soo much better! I would like to get a newer vehicle to replace our Explorer, there is not much wrong with it, it is just older. I would be open to getting another one, or something similar, hopefully another FORD!We ended up replacing the caliber instead and we didn't replace the caliber with a Ford, we replaced it with Pontiac Torrent! But M also got a new truck replacing the explorer!! I would like for Lily to get her weight down to at least 90 pounds... this pretty much seems impossible to me right now, as we are struggling with her hypothyroidism and next year it may not be a problem... but it is a problem right now...We got her down a few pounds, put her on meds, which ended up making her sick... this is no longer a practical goal! I am happy with her just the way she is! However both her and Gracie have lost weight and are doing great!! She isn't 90 pounds but she is on the right track. I highly doubt we will ever see 90 pounds! I would like to do something out of the ordinary. I don't know what this means yet, but maybe I will by the time 30 rolls around!- I have finally figured out what this is!! Something out of the ordinary would be beating infertility. Its not a path I pictured walking down or getting stuck in, but we beat the incredibly low odds of having a baby, and for that reason alone, its out of the ordinary! I would like to organize a girls group, to do girls night out get togethers!This used to be Monday nights, but then that ended up falling through for a little bit, but now we are back to weekly get togethers and I will say I do love my girl time!
- I would like to learn how to do make-up! I am horrible at it and never learned how to apply it. I don't actually wear make-up everyday, but when I go out, I would like to feel confident in my make-up. This one did not happen unless Pinterest and Youtube videos count?
I would like to have completed 10 sewing projects, so far I have only completed 2.10 and many more were done!! Love sewing!! I would like to get back into scrapbooking.This one is being crossed off, digital scrapbooks count... I have made several albums over the last 5 years!
- I would like to organize our basement.This is half done!! It is a winter project that is for sure!
Last but not least, I would like to have a BIG 30th BIRTHDAY! Whether it be a big party or a trip somewhere, I want to go all out!!M surprised me with a trip out west for 2 weeks with Noah for my birthday!! It was perfect!!!
Now we will need to make a new 5 year goal list!!