Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Weekend Rewind

I honestly say this weekend did not go down as I expected!! I will rewind to New Years Day quickly and mention that on New Years Day we de-Christmas'd the house and got that call that our dining room reno would be starting next week (which is this week).

So we intended to have the dining room and front bathroom emptied out by the end of the weekend!!

Fast forward to Saturday - we ended up emptying the dining room Saturday and Mike helped M put up the new ceiling boards, which ended up being an all day affair. But it is a big job done and put M ahead of schedule by 2 days!

I was really hoping to wait awhile before tackling another reno, but at the same time I am looking forward to it being done! M is also fixing Mike's drywall blemishes in the bathroom, since Mike just quickly slapped it up to get it done, there were quite a few spots that needed fixing! Gotta love job trades!! Mike did a big job for M this summer and now M is helping us with this project!

Then we are done right? I know I say this, but then I went and bought new flooring for the basement, which will also need to be painted, but we will wait to paint it until next year, but the flooring will be done this year at some point! I look forward to tackling some outdoor jobs this year if we do anything!

Sunday I managed to get Noah's toy area done in the basement and ready to fill with his toys! I will hopefully be tackling that job this week! We stayed tucked inside for the whole day, as temps dropped drastically and we got an ice storm!


I know I keep on promising pictures, so here is my plan: I plan to retake pictures of the whole main floor again once this reno is done!


3 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Can't wait to see the photos!! :)

J and A said...

So many renos!! Look forward to pics.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

You guys are crazy with your renos but they do look so nice after!!

Lucky Noah with a new playroom! So many toys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...