Monday, February 15, 2016

Noah's First Birthday Recap

Yes, this post is a whole year behind... and it gets better, I forgot to document a lot of my décor and what not... mom fail!


It's funny when you think about how much work goes into first birthday parties and they don't even remember them!


Let's start with the stationary. I worked with a shop I have mentioned previously Crease Studio. Sarah did a great job with my invitations, my poster and favor tags:





In the favor bags, I had a package of crayons, a package of goldfish and a coloring book for each child that came! Pretty sure there is no picture of that part.

We had about 40 people for Noah's party, so needless to say it was a full house! We served pulled beef on a bun, along with a veggie tray, fruit tray and snacks. Snacks that I forgot to make little tags for and some I even forgot to put out (goldfish crackers) - oops!

I made some tissue poofs for above the snack/gift table and got some balloons, which I will say was hard to get in our little city. Apparently there is only one store that does helium balloons, so I had to buy the elmo balloon from one store and take it to another to get filled. So here is a picture of the empty table... go me!


About 3 months or so before Noah's birthday I won a birthday set from Carolyn's blog from the shop Polished Pebbles. I couldn't have been happier with the set, even though Noah really didn't want to wear the hat, despite how many times we tried to get him to!




Oh and the cupcakes:

So there we have the details, now I will just let the pictures from the party do the talking for a bit:









The birthday buddies - born on the same day:


Noah checking out his new cousin - just 11 months apart!!


As you can imagine Noah was exhausted by the end of his party! But overall he held it together and seemed to have a great time! It was on busy day to say the least! We held Noah's birthday party the day before his actual birthday, so now I will quickly sum up his actual birthday for you!!

Here he is going to bed the night before he turns ONE! I can't get over it!



And here we have the birthday boy on his big day:


Trying out the ball pit we gave him with Daddy!


But really you can't go wrong with balloons!




Mike's parents came over for the afternoon and dinner! Here is 3 generations of trouble:


Loving his Happy Birthday song:




And right before bed we read On The Night You Were Born as a family!


I got this post done just in the nick of time before celebrating his 2nd birthday! This year we aren't really doing much, just celebrating with family!

Still can't even grasp how fast time goes, especially after time going soo painstakingly slow while we were trying for this little miracle!

We are blessed beyond words with this little man, that much I do know and we don't take a minute for-granted!
















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...