Thursday, September 29, 2016

Weekend Rewind - Emilya's Baptism

Thanks to technical issues, thus post is two days late, but better late than never right??

Our weekend was pretty much amazing! Crazy busy, but celebrating our little girl made all the hard work worthwhile!



We will rewind all the way to Thursday! M and I took Emilya to get her ear moulds made for her hearing aid and just got more information overall. It is going to be quite the learning curve ahead of us, so any info given to us at this point is pretty much gold in our eyes. Em did really well for that appointment, but we didn't get out of there until 12 and our next appointment we couldn't go to until after 1, so we decided to hit up the mall for some lunch and to find M a new dress shirt. It was a nice little date, something we don't do very often and Em was a dream baby. We got M a new shirt and a new tie and then headed across London to the Childrens Hospital to pick up a req for the proper testing for Emilya. Long story short, the intern who dictated the ENT's letter wrote the wrong tests, and had I not questioned the testing specifically during the appointment, then she would have needed blood work done twice. I was not a happy mama, especially when the receptionist at the doctors office pulled the "well if it was my child, I would do the blood work" instead of calling the ENT's office to clarify. So I called the ENT to clarify and therefore pic up the proper req. So she did her urine test while we were at the hospital, as well as her ECG. Both tests she did with no problems, flashing smiles at everyone she came across. Like I said - dream baby with no tears all day except for the last 10 minutes on the way home.



On our way out, we decided to pop up to the maternity ward to see if the nurses we had were working and sure enough they both were! Emilya loved them! Then we headed to Costco quickly and then home. We had dinner at the farm, as well as picked up Noah. 


Noah had his first Music In Motion class - that I missed, but Grandma took him and apparently it was a bit of a crazy class. So hopefully this week goes a bit better, but he seemed to like it!

Thursday night I had "Book club". I didnt even attempt to read this months book, but I am reading the book I chose a few months ago that finally became available. Me Before You and I am loving it! It is pretty much a girls night, more than book discussion, we also played a little Cards Against Humanity and well I didnt get home until 1 AM! Luckily I only took enough wine for two glasses, but the other ladies were regretting thier poor choices from the night before a PA Day! Check out the glasses we had made: 


Friday was gloomy, and we just stuck around the house and worked away on whatever I could with children. Friday night was pretty much tackling the to-do list, like hanging curtains in the basement, etc. Oh and Noah had a hair cut. 



Saturday morning we got right to work, got ready for gymnastics, stopped at the market for fresh cut flowers and then off to gymnastics. He did pretty well, and it is great to see how much he improves week to week. I stopped at Carters to get Noah something to wear for the baptism, we grabbed lunch and headed home. Once we got the kids down for their naps I headed to Costco to pick up the cake, pictures and fruit and veggie trays.

A kid free shopping trip needs to be documented, even if I was only gone an hour! I did enjoy a drive on the highway with the music loud and windows down! 

When I got home I had to get at least the front of the porch done. So while I was doing that, the kids were playing in the backyard with M. 





By the end of the night I just soaked up some sweet baby snuggles!! Em is such a cuddle bug! 


I managed to get this hung before heading to bed myself:


Sunday morning was a race around the house to wash the floors, get ready and do some last minute things. 

It was soo busy that we failed in getting a picture of Noah and boy was he cute. Em's God Mother managed to get this one at least:


The church service was amazing. The whole service was based on Hope. The sermon just hit home and was soo personal, yet perfect. Hope brought us to our children, and that is why Emilya's middle name is Hope. 

Emilya did great during the whole service and actually Noah did pretty good too, although he was busy. Unfortunately when we got up to the front to do the actual baptism, Noah had to pee, so Grandma ended up missing it while she took Noah to the bathroom. M and I both felt horribly, but it was one of those situations that we asked ourselves "what do you do?"


Of course we manage to get some family photos:



And with Emilya's god parents:



The dress:


This dress was mine as a baby and it was just soo important to me that she wear this one! When we couldn't find it, I was actually losing sleep over it! My mom gave her the headband as a gift for her baptism:


A few pictures of her in the dress:








After the service, we had lunch planned back at our place, we served lunch meats, buns, salad, etc. This is the cake I picked up from Costco:


And now for a little comparison photo:


That's me on the left and Em on the right! Crazy how much we look alike! 

Sorry Em! I had to do it!! Lucky for her headwear has come a long way:


It was soo nice celebrating Emilya! We feel soo blessed to have her in our lives! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...