Tuesday, October 8, 2013

17 Weeks

How Far Along:
17 weeks
 
Size Of Baby?

 
Maternity Clothes?
More and more for outings, but at home its really a mix. I did outgrow my favorite yoga capris ;(
 
Stretch Marks?
None yet.
 
Gender?
We will find out in March!
  
Sleep?
Oh my goodness!! Sooo much better! I feel amazing when I wake up and I don't feel the need to nap!
 
Cravings/Aversions?
I am not a fan of meat lately, its getting worse! I thought maybe just red meat, but then we had chicken and I wasn't loving it! I am still eating it because clearly my body need those nutrients. I am loving milk!
 
Movement?
I'm pretty sure that it's movement, and although it's not often, baby loves having a dance party when music is playing!! 

Feeling?
Great, my nose is getting better, but still running. I'm beginning to think its a pregnancy symptom more so than allergies. Headaches aren't as bad. Hoping my skin is back on the mend... Man it has been problematic!! 
 
Highlights:
 
We have a boy name!! Just one so far, but I'm in love with it!!  
 
Having our first OB appointment!! It went well, he is taking me off my thyroid pills, as my levels are too low, but will recheck them in 2 weeks to make sure it was the right decision. 
 
The nursery is cleaned out! This was a big job, but one I can check off the list finally! Now if we can just pick the grey paint color and we are ready to prime/paint. 
  
Belly Button?
In - if it comes out I will be shocked! But my belly button is changing this week, so who knows. 

Weight Gain:
5 lbs total so far.
 
Best Moment of the Week?
 
Our ultrasound!!! 

Baby has mama's nose and fingers! Such a surreal moment, felt like we got to know our baby a bit better as far as personality goes. S/he would do somersaults when the sonographer was trying to measure the legs or wave as she tried the hands, and for the face, the baby covered its face with both hands. It was almost an hour and half of pure baby time. When they scrolled to see the baby's feet, it crossed its legs, just to be sure we wouldn't be finding out the sex! 


Crazy Pregnancy Moment:
Getting frustrated with my family doctor! Got my thyroid results back and it was even lower than last time, when she had me adjust my meds at that point and now has decided my OB should treat this instead so has left me hanging out to dry! Soo annoying!

Also learned that I cannot stretch and jump to kill a bug on the ceiling without pulling some sort of muscle in my tummy! My bump def. screamed at me afterwards! 
 
Bump Pic:

I feel like I really popped this week!!


You will have to excuse my bummy appearance, as I had been doing housework all day!
 
Looking Forward To:
 
Hearing the results of the ultrasound! I wonder how big the baby was and just generally finding out more about what the ultrasound found, although it wont be until the end of the month!
 
I am also looking forward to thanksgiving!!
 

4 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Yay for movement! Wow your ultrasound appointment was long! They gave us our results at the appointment- so weird how different things are.

That's great that you have a boy name! Our child will be nameless.

Bump has definitely grown! I'm growing out of some of my favourite yoga pants too which makes me sad.

That's not good about your thyroid. Hope the OB can help fix it.

Jessica and Stephan said...

17 weeks, yay!!!!!!!!

I've never been pregnant, but I can imagine outgrowing my favorite yoga pants, and I would be sad too :(

Good luck with the OB, hope everything goes well so you don't have anything to worry about :)

Kae said...

17 Weeks how exciting same as my cousin : )

so excited for you!!

eekkkk a name picked out!

xxoo

J and A said...

Love that photo!! Such a cutie! YAY for a boy name! :) That is awesome. Do you have a "feeling" girl or boy?
Hopefully you OB can get on the thyroid thing. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...