Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Rewind

I know it's been a while since I recapped our weekend! So no time like the present...

Friday night we decided to go to Cambridge, M surprised me and had a family ring made for me that was still in wax form waiting for approval, so now that we know the little mister's birth stone, we went in to approve it! It is going to be perfect! M did a great job designing it with the jeweller! 

We had dinner in the food court and then hit up target! Target was quick as I wasn't feeling soo good!! Damn blood pressure - I can't wait to feel normal again as far as it goes!! We did get Noah a back up blanket, as he loves his fleece one! I got 2 nursing bras, and some onesies next size up for N! I didn't even check out clothes - it sucked! 

We hit up Lowes on the way home, bought faucets, hardware to hang the mirror and trim and then headed home! I fed Noah and then off to bed we went! 

Saturday M worked on the bathroom, grabbed groceries while I took care of Noah, who enjoyed falling asleep to some good old country music!! He loved it in-utero and settles soo quickly to it now!

He is soo close to finishing the bathroom!! I can see it done!! Well phase 1 done! It's all piddley jobs left to be done!! M and J came over with G to meet the baby! We had a great visit.

Saturday evening Noah was a bit fussy, but finally settled for bed. Although come Sunday morning, he was up and ready to start his day at 5 AM. Luckily Daddy is an early bird and didn't mind staying up with him after I fed him. I managed to get a bit more sleep. Noah was pretty much a crank pot all day on Sunday! We couldn't figure out what the problem was, he wouldn't settle, wouldn't nurse, wouldn't sleep... it was bad. Around 4 PM, M realized he had stopped putting Vaseline in his diaper for his circumcision, as soon as he started again, we had our peaceful baby back!! And he slept and he nursed and all was well!!

Heck we went to Grandma and Grandpas for dinner and watched Superman - Man of Steel and he slept through it all!! Gracie was ultra protective of him, laying on the ground in front of him, watching Grandma closely when she held him, she was on super alert. It was interesting to see how she was, as this was the first time we were all out of the house together! I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a great bond between these two:

Last night he gave us a 4 hour stretch of sleep, fed quickly and then slept another 3.5 hours! Woke Daddy up for work, and has been super chill so far!! Today is our first full day alone!! Luckily I am feeling pretty good today, we are both fed, dressed and just getting ready for lunch!!


Rachel and John said...

He is so CUTE! And you are looking so good! Hope you feel better soon!

Murdock's mama said...

You're totally rocking this mom job! :)

Sarah Tucker said...

He is so precious, and tiny! I love how the dogs love him!

J and A said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! I love that the pups are doing so well with him. Glad he wasn't fussy all weekend, those are hard times. I wish they could talk and tell us!!

Hilary said...

I hope you guys had a good first day alone!! Seeing all of your adorable pictures makes me so excited to meet our little man!

Aubrey said...

Mommy hood looks awesome on you!! :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Can't wait to see the family ring! Bet it's gorgeous! It's crazy how simple errands can feel like a marathon after having a baby- hopefully your BP starts to cooperate!

The bathroom looks great. Good job M!

Happy to hear everything is going smooth!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...