Soo as I have previously mentioned, I am not exactly kitchen inclined. I am getting better and constantly challenge myself. M is definitely more confident in my cooking, in fact I kick his butt at some recipes.
We had been talking recently about changing up our recipes, as we are getting sick of eating the same old thing. So I had been given some recipe books for my wedding shower (almost 5 years ago), so I thought - I'm home alone on a Saturday morning, why not bust them out.
While scrolling through the "Rush Hour Recipe" book, I found a recipe for Parmesan Drop Biscuits. And this is what I made:
1 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. of Baking Powder
2 tsp of Parsley flakes
3 tbsp of grated Parmesan Cheese
1/3 cup of Margarine or Butter - cut into 6 pieces.
3/4 cup of Milk
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Put the first 5 ingredients into food processor. Pulse with on/off motion until margarine/butter resembles coarse bread crumbs. Transfer to medium bowl.
Add milk. Stir until just moistened and dough is sticky. Drop by large spoonfuls (makes about 12) onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake on a center rack at 425 F oven 12 minutes until golden.
After they started baking, I forgot that I had wanted to add garlic powder, so I sprinkled some on the top of the ones I could reach while they were in the oven. I would recommend this - these ones were the best. I would also top with a touch of shredded cheese.
Sounds easy and it was. But quite a few firsts happened during this adventure. I did not wear my typical baking gloves, which means this dough touched my hands and got under my nails. YUCK! Have I ever mentioned my baking gloves? I hate the feeling of dough/sticky/textured wet stuff - so I wear these pretty fancy black rubber gloves - they came with a ring that I don't wear! I followed instructions from a cook book for the first time! I also used the food processor for the first time and even figured out how to put it together!!
The kitchen ended up filling with smoke and I was actually afraid to open the oven. But they were fine, turns out something cooked previously had spilled in the bottom of the oven and that was burning.
Soo... I survived a kitchen adventure!!!