Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cancer Sucks!

Cancer Sucks! It really does!! I'm sure it has affected us all in one way or another and various forms are constantly on the rise. The numbers are scary, just as the facts, the treatments, the stages, etc.

It is the one thing out there that doesn't have a known cause. I mean yes, if you smoke - you could get lung cancer, or if you get too much sun - you could get skin cancer. But how does it just appear in your bone marrow or your kidneys, liver, your brain or even your mouth?

I know people don't like to talk about the heartache out there for these people and their families suffering, but the truth is, it is out there and should not be ignored, just like soo many other things out there.

Last night my BF called and told me about her dog Tux. He is a 2 year old Pug/Jack Russel cross. He was just diagnosed with cancer in his mouth.
I stole this from facebook.

Olivia from Fairy Tales & Cancer Don't Mix has been fighting various forms of cancer for quite some time and was just diagnosed with a brain tumor!

There is the sweetest little boy in my home-town community named Gabriel, he is 6 years old, he was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 3. He was just about finished treatment and it turns out the cancer had returned. They were actually my sister's neighbours. You can find out more about his story here and how you can help. His mom also blogs over HERE. I don't know how many times I have teared up reading the ups and downs of his story.

Cancer is out there in many different ways, shapes and forms and either way you look at it, it is scary and it sucks!!

Please pray for those mentioned above, as well as anyone else that may be suffering. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Poor pup!! Cancer does suck. All forms and in all things! I just did Relay for Life and plan to walk in Bark for Life too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...