Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Middle Of The Week Things

Yup just as this title is random... So will this post be! I feel like such a scatter brain these days, trying to stay on top of my Dads health while parenting a toddler.

Yesterday we finally got some action as far as his health goes. He was discharged from our local hospital, saw an electrophysiogist who then admitted him to London hospital for further testing, as she could not be certain it was just an electrical problem going on and that we could be dealing with a few different things that only further testing can confirm. We did go up to the hospital in the morning for a visit, but at this point with him being an hour away, I won't be trekking up there with Noah anymore, as it's just too long of a day for him. Luckily my sister is able to cover for me for the next few days and I said I could likely go Friday, as I have an appointment on Friday with my OB anyways. It sucks feeling helpless, but I'm being kept in the loop and I am soo happy he is finally getting the care he needs! Even the electrophysiogist wasn't sure why they kept him in Woodstock for a week instead of having him transferred. Crazy to thing how serious this is, when the cardiologist they were consulting wanted him discharged and treated as an outpatient and considered Dad to be low risk with a heart rate of 30! Hopefully we get get more answers tomorrow and a bit more on the game plan.

While in town yesterday, we picked up a new to us stroller. Don't get me wrong, I love our stroller (Bumbleride) , and yes, I can get the scooter board attachment and will, but I am just concerned Noah will be too small for it right away, so I was looking for a cheap sit and stand stroller and that is just what I got for a steal of just $20. Every other one on Kijiji was $80+ and I didn't want to spend a lot on something I knew wouldn't be used long term! 



It's a 4-1 Fisher Price Stand and Ride Duo. I will say it is soo much heavier than our regular stroller, but we bought one of the lightest on the market, so it was heavy compared to our other one and yes, it folds down well, but still takes up most of the truck, where our other stroller folds smaller. But it will do for trips to the mall and what not and for $20, even if I end up hating it, I can sell it again. 


Noah and I had a pretty good day otherwise. I got Noah his first cheeseburger from McDonalds. I had been wanting him to try one and he tried some of mikes homemade burger the other night and loved it, so I decided to give it a try and it was mostly a success! He ate about half of it! 



Last night I made a trip to Costco with two girlfriends. We had fun as usual and I got another start to my Christmas shopping! Haha. It was nice to catch up with the girls for sure!

Today the library program starts back up in the village, so we will be attending that again. I look forward to getting him back involved in the program, as he does enjoy our play groups on Monday as well. Getting him to sit still during story time might be tricky, but I have some hope, he will get better with it. 

Otherwise not too much is new around these parts. 

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I wish we could participate in our local library events! Ours are during the week in the morning, so I'm always at work. :-(

Murdock's mama said...

I'm so glad they got your dad transferred! I hope they figure it out soon, that's nothing to mess around with! :(
The stroller looks nice, especially for that price! I will say, our double stroller is decently heavy & HUGE. :(
Costco with friends sounds heavenly!!

J and A said...

I love that he loved the cheese burger! So cute! D has only had fries from there and loves them! Nice work on the stroller deal, not sure if we will get a double or not. I have a double chariot so we will see if we need more. D loves to walk and I "wore" D for so long so I am just waiting.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Nice deal on the stroller!

Audrey much preferred to walk but having a 2nd seat was a lifesaver. I'm debating getting the wheelie attachment since she's pretty much too big for the 2nd seat on the stroller now but for trips to the zoo she usually tired towards the end.

My kids much prefer the McDs fries over anything else! I love a McDs cheeseburger- I only allow myself to have them every few months though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...