Thursday, October 8, 2015

Recipe Share/Thursday Things

Look at me go... Yesterday was a busy day!!

Update on Dad's health:
They did the angiogram yesterday and all was well. No repairs were necessary, so that ruled out any blockages! So today he will like have an Electrophysiology Study done, to figure out where the electrical problem is exactly. 


We found out my cousin is expecting 2 weeks ahead of me! 

Noah had a great time at the library and actually participated in almost all of it without being distracted or running around. It was good that his friend G was there to help show him what he should be doing! We came home, had lunch and before I knew it was nap time! My favorite part of the day this week, as I have been napping too!! 

We went to the post office and stopped for a play with the neighbour behind us and ran into J and the kids too! Noah loved going for a ride with G:


Gotta love Noah's squint, but his hat bothered the bruise on his head and yes, he is sporting 2 black eyes! Like I said he hit his head hard on Sunday that more bruising is still coming out! Poor guy! 

We grabbed the mail, where we found Noah's new placemat from Shutterfly! Love how it turned out!! 


We played at the park and then headed home to make dinner! As I mentioned Monday we were trying a new recipe tonight and it did not disappoint! While I was making dinner, Noah was trying to get Gracie's dinner ready? Or maybe he just dumped the bowl... Definitely the latter... Trouble! 


He is always a stinker when it comes to me getting anything done!! 

Anyways back to dinner, everyone loved it and you bet I will be making it again!! I didn't follow the recipe on Pinterest after all. Here is what I did do:

Sloppy Joe Casserole:



1 pound of extra lean ground beef
1 packet of club house sloppy joe powder mix
1 1/2 cups of water
1 can of tomato paste
2 cups of penne noodles
2 cups of medium cheddar cheese

I cooked the beef until no longer pink. While cooking the meet, I boiled water to cook the noodles in. I added the tomato paste to the beef, mixed the sloppy joe powder in the 1.5 cups of water and then poured it in with the beef. I added the pasta to the boiling water and cooked for 11 minutes and brought the meat mixture to a boil on high heat and then turned it down to medium to keep a steady boil, stirring often for about 10 minutes. They both finished at the same time, which was coincidental! 

I strained the noodles and poured them into the meet mixture, giving it a good stir to mix it evenly. I added 3/4 cup of cheese, stirring it in as well and then poured the mixture into a casserole dish. I topped the dish with cheese and served! 

Since someone refuses to wear a bib lately, I knew tonight's dinner would be messy, so shirtless he went!

He had it in his hair, all over his face, arms and chest! 

It was very filling, but a big hit and you bet it will taste good for left overs too! 

After Noah went to bed, I worked on N's newborn photos for a bit and then went to bed myself! 

2 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I love everything about this post! :)

Hilary said...

Dinner sounds good! & I love your neighbor friend's hat! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...