Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story

 
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
 
Mike and I have been together for 10 years!! Wow that is a decade... best decade of my life though!!

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story)
 
M and I met through a common friend. As for when we met.. M says we met at a basketball game, but I don't recall meeting him at that point. I remember our first encounter at dinner at our friend's house - he was actually "dating" her sister...
 
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
 
We will be married 5 years on July 21, 2012!!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
 
We got married at the farm and M's grandfather married us. We had 200 people at our wedding. Best day of my life so far!!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
 
Mike's nicknames include: M and Hun and I refer to him as Daddy to the pets! Mike calls me: Ash, Babe, Baby, and Lover and refers to me as Mom to the pets.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
 
I love M's eyes! They are the perfect shade of blue!!
I love M's perspective on life. He is teaching me to let things go that I cannot control and not to sweat the small stuff.
I love M's heart. He loves with his whole heart, no matter what.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
 
We were at the farm on a weeknight. He was acting a bit off. We had purchased our house and were trying to pick paint colors. He called me up to his room, had me sit on the couch and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. We celebrated at the ball park later that night, as he was playing ball! Champagne on the bleachers anyone?

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
 
We don't really celebrate V-Day anymore. When we were in highschool we tried, but family drama always got in the way, so decided it was not OUR day to celebrate, we celebrate everyday!! But when we did celebrate V-Day, M would buy the biggest teddy bear he could find, with roses and dinner!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
 
Depends on the time of the year. Summertime - I am a total sunset dinner on the beach, especially lately. I am really beginning to find the peacefulness and beauty in watching the sun rise and fall. But come Winter, I am a movie by the fire kind of girl - even though I hate the basement!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
 
I would love to travel the world with M. See everything together and take it all in. I would also love to have a family with M. I think he would be the world's best father!!
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
 
We have no plans!!
 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
 
No.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
 
Be honest. Live and love each day like it is your last - you never know what life has in store. Laugh together and never goto bed angry!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 

If I could spend forever holding your hand, I would never let go.
 

2 comments:

J and A said...

Love this. You guys are so cute, 10 years wow girl. We don't do Valentine's day either. Good advice though, agreed.

Rebekah said...

I love this! Wow, 10 years is such a milestone! Valentine's Day hasn't ever been a big deal to us and with the husband being gone this year, it will probably just pass us by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...