Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week-End Update/Reno Update Pics

Happy Leap Day!!! This post was supposed to be up yesterday, but that didn't happen, so here it is today and I plan on coming back for my typical wednesday post too!!
Our weekend wasa bit crazy, yet somehow we managed to still complete a lot! Friday M and I started the Reno:

After Day 1

And then came along Saturday and this is what happened:
Yes, that is our lumber scattered

And our friends truck - it was written off

because of this guy... driving too fast in the snow, lost control, came into our lane and T-boned us.

Luckily no one was injured seriously, I have a few bruises and my butt/back is sore as I was squished by a table saw in the back seat of the truck, but I will take it. I will not complain that I walked away from this one.

All of our supplies ended up making it! We were quite surprised. We did end up missing 2 pieces of wood, but we recovered the one from the accident scene shortly after, but then saw another car almost meet us in the ditch and decided this area was not safe and that we would search again the next day, as the one we found was buried in the snow. We went back on Sunday and dug up the missing one!

Our walls have one hell of a story to tell!

After Day 3:

And Day 4:
(the whole in the floor is temporary (for our security system))

And Day 5 (yesterday)
We have drywall!!

So tomorrow will be mudding, Thursday/Friday painting depending on how things dry and then floors will go down on the weekend, assuming things keep on going smoothly!

A lot of people are thinking we did a lot of work for gaining two feet, but the difference is BIG and the sight lines are already waaay better!!

Soo proud of M! He is doing a great job soo far!!

4 comments:

Jessica and Stephan said...

I think it makes a HUGE difference, it looks great! :)

Glad to hear you are safe and without injuries! Was your friend upset about the truck?

Jaclyn said...

your house looks like it is so darling. sorry to hear about the truck.

Courtney said...

Wow, I am glad nobody was hurt. On the bright side, the work looks awesome!!

HayleyGrace said...

I think it looks really great. And good thing you didn't get hurt in the accident!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...