Thursday, November 4, 2010

Budget Busting Week...


Wow, what a week.... what an expensive week...

Looks like my Shutterfly cards will not be happening after all... it will cost me over $20 to ship the free cards to me... I know that is not much, but it also may be subject to duty and what not.. I would still be on board, but given this week, cut backs will be happening on the "free spending" that I am soo good at! If I order them any later, they will not be here in time... so I will need to figure out something else!

So what did I bust our budget on? Well... none of this was by choice, all accidental, but NECESSARY purchases...

As previously mentioned, the lift pump in our laundry room quit working, so to replace it, along with replacement piping came to around to about $300.00. Not bad, not bad, I know, but at the same time it used up our "extra cash".

But that alone would be NO big deal at all, totally not worth bitching blogging about...
BUT that was not IT...

My car has been acting up and is luckily under warranty still. On Monday they replaced my tie rod AGAIN and lift arms... NO COST. I brought it home and it was still acting up, if not worse. I drove it to work both Tuesday and Wednesday (I even travelled with it for work). I made an appointment for today to take it back. I asked the tech to come for a drive test with me, so I could point out the problem (not that I thought one would not notice). We got out of the car lot and he felt it. He says "I don't feel safe driving this, something major is wrong" and drove it back. They gave me a courtesy car and sent me on my way while they investigated. I just headed to my sisters again. They called me an hour later and said they found the problem.... I needed new tires, which I knew, but I needed them now. After telling me how LUCKY I am that I didn't blow a tire and get into an accident, I had a bulge in my tire, with metal showing...and the vehicle is really not drivable (safely at least). This is not good and obviously not covered. $596.00 later... 4 new tires.... drives like new again...  How LUCKY am I?

Problem solved.... budget busted... Don't get me wrong, we will still be living our life like normal, going out for dinner and what not, but we are making slight cut backs. I put it all on the VISA and got sweet points, then transferred the moula onto the VISA, which means very little in the emergency/extra funds. Gotta pay it all back for the next Emergency!

Amazing how everything happens all at once eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am thrilled to have a new follower!!!! Have a great day! :)
Gretchen

2 Giggle Boxes said...

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for linking up to FFF! I am a new follower! Hope you have a great weekend!
Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...