Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

I am a bit behind on my 30 day challenge and it is almost its end.

I have had a busy busy weekend.

Friday night, I picked up 2 bottles of my new favorite drink: WINE... am I crazy? I know, I know, most of you wine drinkers would not call Girls Night Out wine... but it is and it is just the perfect start for me. I even branched out and tried a new kind... I of course bought old faithful Strawberry Samba, but I also tried Tropical Tango and it was just as tasty!! We head over to M&J's for a pasta night. It was delicious!!

Saturday we went into town in the morning and picked up our dehumidifier that I purchased on Kijiji for a good bargain for out in the hobby shop. Then we got Lux. The rest of our afternoon was spent painting and cooing over Lux. Saturday night we spent here at home, I ended up with a headache and went to bed early. Mike got a fire call at 3:00 AM, which I awoke to the beeping of his pager.

Usually when Mike gets a call in the night, I don't sleep well or even at all, until I know he is back at home, safe and sound.

We headed to the fire hall at 8:00 AM (too early for a Sunday) for group pictures of all the guys in uniform with the trucks. Then we headed to breakfast at the restaurant (that finally opened) here in town (behind my house actually.. how convenient). Back home we came and put on the 2nd coat of paint, which covered really well, so impressed and then started painting the crown molding and trim. The color we picked for the walls is called Sand Motif by CIL. The crown molding/trim is a creamy white. We headed into town for groceries with the dogs on board and stopped at the dog park on the way home. Of course, we are horrible parents, as there were no dogs at the dog park. It was 5:00 on Sunday night.... It was like taking your kids to a park with no playground. or kids.. lol. They still seemed to enjoy running around and sniffing.

Today I worked on the trim and crown moulding, laundry and I made a NEW dinner. I made crock pot lasagna. I will post the recipe another day, stay tuned. It was actually pretty good. Now I am cuddled up on the couch with Lux asleep on my chest, watching my Monday night line up!

I hope you all had a good weekend!!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I love wine! Love trying new flavors! Do you like sangria? Its my fav right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...