Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Guest Blogger Today!!

I have been humming and hawing for quite a while about how to incorporate a guest blogger onto my blog and I have finally figured it out. Instead of being completely random, I have decided that I will approach the people who have blogs that I LOVE!!! Because if I love them, then CLEARLY you will too... right? RIGHT!!

So let's get this show on the road! Let me introduce you to Alison!!

I absolutely LOVE her blog! You can call me a religious reader of her blog!! So what makes Alison soo special? Well she just happens to have a cute dog, I was going to say the cutest, but let's be honest, my dogs would get jealous! But Cruz is definitely just as cute as mine!! Alison is a CANADIAN, just like me, although we live provinces apart! She is married to this good-looking' guy named Justin and I am sure that one day they will make beautiful babies, because they both are TOO good-lookin'!

So, let's move on to what Alison has to say! I asked her to introduce herself. just in case my introduction didn't sum enough up. (I personally think it covers the important parts..)

Hello Life As I Know It readers! Ashley asked me to guest "about me" post and I am was super excited to be here!


Ashley and I are both Canadian girls and everyone loves a Canadian right!

Well if you don't "know" me already, my name is Alison and I blog over at The Life & Times of Alison & Justin.


If I am being totally honest the title of our blog should be The Life & Times of Cruz and her crew though because our (almost 2 year old) yellow lab stole our hearts the minute we met her so I do a lot of posting about her and her only :). We adore her and she really makes our lives together complete. Well, almost complete - she has been asking for a sibling for a while now...a human sibling that is. Just saying!

 

Alright, the low down on ME! I work for a private school for students ages 3-18 who are on the autism spectrum or who have other developmental disorders. I teach Life Skills to the senior class and work in the office. I am fortunate to say I honestly love my job. The students make my job less of a job. They crack me up, warm my heart and keep me thinking and on my toes. The only thing that could make my job any better was if Cruz could come to work with me. See obsessed much?!


My husband Justin and I will have been married 2 years as of June 27th. He is the best second half I could ask for and I am very lucky lady. I remind myself of this every single day.


He is the manager of BIM Applications for western Canada for a large Engineering company. And no I don't fully know what that means. :) But he works very hard!



When we aren't working...

I love:
Shopping
Working out
Making headbands & onesies for AW Design
Blogging
Taylor Swift

He loves:
Video games
Mountain Biking
Building stuff :)
Bike movies
Building/Renovation shows & Wild Justice! ha ha 


We love:
Walking Cruz with starbucks in hand
The lake
Mountain biking
Camping
Being with our friends & family
Vegging on the couch with a glass of wine



I recently found this quote and it is fabulous. So I will leave you with it.

 "Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it."
Here are a few of Alison's posts that just happen to be my favorite. I would highly recommend checking them out... just sayin':

A Letter From Cruz - this is priceless and used to be a part of my reality. I think Cruz has a thing for shoes, just one out of the pair though it seems!!

Thumb Conundrum - this was the very first post that I read of Alison's! After this post, I had to keep reading! Don't ask me why? I love the one line " Just was like Cruz in mud puddle when they let him watch" and if you have seen the pictures of Cruz in mud puddles... it would make you laugh even harder.... sorry Alison, not that your situation was funny or anything...

Etsy Reveal - Awesome awesome stuff!! Alison enjoys sewing too, in fact we both make burp cloths and what not!!

So go ahead, let's hear how much you love her too!!!

5 comments:

J and A said...

Ah you are too sweet! Thanks Ash! :) I like how you added your fav posts! :D

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

I love Alison! (And Cruz, of course!!) Great post, girl! :)

Leigh said...

Fun guest post! I too love Alison and her blog! :)

Suze said...

Great post , Love me some Alison and Cruz :)

Rebecca said...

I love ETSY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...