Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reflection 5 - What v.s. Who

I've learned- 
that it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.

Let's be honest, this one is a tough one!

Only because we are all constantly filling our lives up with THINGS. There will always be a better product coming out, we will always have the urge to upgrade! I am bad for it, just as I am sure more that 50% of us are!! But when it comes down to what really matters... it is who we have in our lives.

We would not be who we are today, if it were not for the people around us, our parents, our friends, our significant others, our children, our pets, etc. It is these people that mold us and make us who we are today and constantly challenge us to change for the better! Stuff/things cannot do this.

As frustrating as the people in our lives can be at some point, they have meaning and a place, whether it be a friendship gone bad, losing touch with a loved one/friend, death, fights with family/friends, etc., we learn from these things, these people. 

Items don't make us or create us. 

In the end, an object or material is not going matter! You cannot buy happiness, true happiness that is (unless you are buying a pet). As much as a good deal will make me happy, it will not last!

With that being said and understood by myself, I will continue to buy things that I like. I will continue to love the people in my life and I will continue to learn and grow because of these people in my life! I will continue to meet new people and try new things. I will become person that I strive to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said my dear :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...