Sunday, October 31, 2010

10 YEARS = A DECADE!!


Wow, today marks a big day in history!! 10 years ago today was the start of something special, the start of a bond sooo deep and meaningful. Today continues that bond, yet it means sooo much more! Ten years ago today was Mike and I's first date!! Who knew that not only 5 years, but 10 years later we would be where we are today, totally in love and happily married for 3 years!

In the last 10 years, we have not only grown closer together, but we have grown as individuals together. We function not only as a couple, but as a family. I have had kisses on my forehead for 10 years! Who knew that a "promise promise" meant 10 years? One promise was never enough, especially when we had our long distance relationship, we used to say "I love you, promise promise".

In 10 years, we have come a long way!! We met back in high school (we were at different high schools though), we lived through 2 years of a long distance relationship-5 hours apart, we bought our first house, got engaged, 2 years after that we got married, moved to our 2nd house, being married for 3 years now, and as happy as can be! I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

Dear M,

I just wanted to thank you for the last 10 years! You mean the world to me. I would not be who I am today without you.

If something ever happened to you, it would happen to me. I would be devastated. I know as a volunteer firefighter, your job requires risk, but I just want you to know that I appreciate the risks you take to help others, but I will always be awake and waiting for you when you come home because I love you. Please always come home to me! My world would shatter if something ever happened to you and I just want you know that I LOVE YOU.

I love you for who you are on the inside and out. I love your heart. I love our life, our family and our pets. Everyday you make me laugh, you make me smile and you make me feel the butterflies in my stomach when you kiss me goodnight and goodbye in the morning. Your touch alone means soo much to me, along with your hugs. You can make the worst day disappear in your arms, just knowing you are there for me, no matter what.

I want to thank you for your support in the challenges we have faced within the last 10 years, not only have we come through them with our heads held high, but we have learned and grown soo much. People may not think our life is perfect, but in my eyes, it is, it is as perfect as it gets! I could live alone on your love. I love waking up in your arms, and closing my eyes to your kiss. I love your eyes and your smile.

10 years babe, a decade and I would do it all over again! So here is to another 10 years of absolute happiness. Happy Halloween babe! I love you more than you will ever know, because I cannot show it enough or measure it with words.

I love you,

Your WIFE,


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Happy 10 years since your first date Anniversary!!! :) It's pretty amazing how one date can lead to a lifetime of happiness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...